What Are My Options if I Decide to Re-Roof?
Roofing tends to be the biggest investment in the entire property construction. And usually, it pays back almost 80% return on the investment. Restoring the roof adds a selling element, thus attracting home buyers.
So if the roof is that much of importance, then restoring it becomes a prime responsibility. Is your roof asking for a restoration project? Are you looking for a roof replacement company? In this article, we will discuss the importance of re-roofing and what options you get when re-roofing.
While discussing restoring options for your roof, the prime question is whether you are looking for re-roofing or entire roof replacement? Have a look at both options.
If you need a cost-effective and prompt fix for your roof, re-roofing is the best option. For re-roofing, the professional local roofing companies will place a layer of new roof shingles over worn-out shingles to restore the whole look. Re-roofing not only restores the looks of the roof but also adds a protective layer to avoid leakage issues.
But when it comes to re-roofing, it comes with certain conditions, including the number of layers already present. If you have already done re-roofing once, building codes do not allow you to install a third layer of roofing, and you have to opt for roof replacement.
Advantages of Re-Roofing
Here are some of the benefits associated with re-roofing to restore your roof.
Re-roofing is a cost-effective way to give your roof a new look. It does not require much labor or material and thus can easily fit into your budget.
Also, re-roofing is a time-saving method that can be done in less time, leaving your roof perfectly restored.
Disadvantages of Re-Roofing
- Re-roofing is not an option where there are two layers of roof shingles already present.
- Also, re-roofing is not a long-lasting option and can be used as a temporary fix.
- In the case of metal roofing, re-roofing is not a prudent choice as layering another layer on the existing one hides the existing damage underneath and would not be of any help.
Roof replacement is the change of the entire roof where the professional roof replacement company will remove all the shingles from the roof, thus exposing the deck. Then they place an underlayment paper to keep the roof protected against leakage or dampness. Once the paper is applied, new shingles will be installed.
Advantages of Roof Replacement
- It enhances the life of your roof and helps it stay stronger longer.
- Replacement can be done anytime, regardless of the layers of shingles on the roof or anything else.
- When you opt for roof replacement, it will address all the deck issues, including rotting, leakage, etc.;
- While replacing the roof, the professional will cater to all the underlying issues.
- Replacing your roof is a long-term investment that offers complete value for your money. It identifies the various underlying issues that might cause bigger losses to your home, leading to costly repairs.
Disadvantages of Roof Replacement
- Completing replacing your roof requires extra resources, including labor, material, effort, and time.
- Roof replacement is a costly process that might put a strain on your budget. But if you opt for a professional roof replacement company like True Quality Roofing, then you can have complete value for your money.
How to Choose Between Re-Roofing and Roof Replacement
Re-roofing and roof replacement both have a significant impact on the overall performance of your roof, but what option is better for you depends on various factors like budget, extent of existing damage, and your city's weather extremes.
If you are a homeowner looking for a way to tackle minor issues, including leaks, but the roof itself is in good condition, then it is better to go for re-roofing.
If you have a single layer of asphalt shingles on your roof and are now thinking about restoring, re-roofing is also a viable option.
If you already have a double layer of shingles and are now thinking about restoring your roof, it would be highly recommended to opt for a roof replacement. The company you hire for roof replacement will remove both the shingles layers from the deck and then give your home a whole new look.
While opting for a re-roofing or replacing option, it is prudent to check for current damages and choose the right remedy. If the leakage has done more damage to the deck like damp, fungal growth, or rotting, it is a sure indicator of roof replacement.
Giving your roof a new life
If you think about giving your roof a new makeover to ensure years of great performance, replace the old one with a pristine new roof. Hire a reliable and professional roof replacement company that will remove all the roofing material and inspect the deck and ceiling to detect any damage. After handling the damage caused by the leakages, it’s then time to enjoy your new roof.
Budget is the major factor in determining what kind of restoration job you can afford for your roof. If you are working with a small budget, it is prudent to hire a professional re-roofing service provider. But if you are planning on having a new roof with a one-time investment perspective, then replacement is the wise call.
Roof replacement or re-roofing is also subject to the laws and regulations specific to certain areas. It is convenient to just hire a professional roofer who knows all the rules and regulations regarding re-roofing and replacement.
So, are you ready to choose between re-roofing or replacement? Get in contact with us today to get professional advice from an expert having extensive experience in the field.
Get in Touch With Our Team Today!
For more information, contact us today to speak with a True Quality Roofing team member.